Saturday, November 24, 2007

Emotional biking





















When I am out biking I get so many comments it sometimes makes me laugh out loud. A tad outrageous of course - but still entertaining.

Yesterday this gentleman comes up to me - furious - making a total scene - telling me to buy a bell and a helmet. Fine - a bell would be great. But a helmet is not my way of biking. All chill I told him to move away from the crossing as it turned red. Obviously more dangerous.

Today this lady became all upset with me leading my bike on the walk. But I was walking right. So. Imagine I would have lead my bike on the cycletrack. The bikers would have slaughtered me. For sure.

If I ever stop and ask about the way - they look at me as if they have seen a ghost. They say god bless you and take care and all kinds of stuff - instead of actually telling me where to go.

Do please note that even the biking symbol has a helmet. Gosh. This country do need some common sense and a few bikes.

No comments: