Monday, December 10, 2007

An astonishingly beautiful picture


Stayed home with a cold last week. The perfect time for a documentary. Tucked myself in with a blanket and warm socks in the sofa. My mac safely in my knee and full screen picture. Even good dissolution. Yummie.

My supervisor just told me about Ambres. A maybe somewhat odd fellow in a beautiful film with an interesting message. I felt it was worth an hour. With a quite clear picture before my eyes - i did have some low key expectations.
http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif
From the very first scene i was absolutely spellbound. The documentary is a never-ending beautiful eternity with scenic landscapes dripping rain and sparkling fires. Incredibly beautifully depicted. Photo. Framing. Sentiment.

Although every single word by my supervisor came true - the most true were the words one has to see it. To understand. When the film was over i felt like a completely different person. Wonderful. Beautiful. All warm and cool at the very same time.

The film maker turned out to be Anders Grönros did make both Agnes Cecilia and the Glassblowers child - two of my Swedish favourites. Beautiful mystical depictions. Oh. I do feel genuinely happy when those talented people just reappears.

Ambres is on the Swedish website until December 25th. No English subtitles tho. Only if one buys it. Too bad.

No comments: